Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I guess there are days like this.... こんな日もあるんだ....

Once in a while, I could feel the presence of another "me" within myself. It's not that I have a double personality or other psychological problems, but I could feel it within myself.

Sometimes, my chest tighten with emotions and tears start welling out of my eyes even when I am happy. Always, I have no clue as to why it happens at that particular moment.

One day, I was walking through a city all alone. I kept watching raindrops falling from the gray sky above. Then, I heard a voice within my head which said,

"help me."


The voice so tiny that you could almost blow it away with wind like a candle's last flame.

I knew from the moment I first heard it that it was my other self, deep within my heart. However, even when I asked as to what I have to help, it returned to its silent state after repeating the same phrase for a few times.

My sarcastic self(the usual one) would probably say this,
"It's a nuisance to have you make myself in a depressing mode. I have no idea whether it's caused by a temporary hormone imbalance, but just shut up."

Yes, it sounds awful, but if my other self refuses to listen, it wouldn't matter what's being said. In addition, it would be a good topic to write about in the story I'm currently writing. Yep. My usual self seems pretty cold hearted on the surface.

To tell the truth, I'm currently busy with my job, and I also don't have many friends. I have only a few best friends that I could count by fingers. It's because I usually don't trust people so easily as it was from when I was little. I have no complaints about it since it resulted purely out of my own volition. I am happy with how I live. No matter what others say, I want to live my life the way I want it to be.

However, I felt the other self again this morning.

It was crying.

It was crying that it was lonely. It was sad. It was asking for help once more. The selfish me who is never satisfied even when meeting many people. Nevertheless, it's my other self whose heart is moved when it needs to be moved, and when it's happy, even its toes wiggle with true happiness. It's my other self that remains innocent and unchanged even when time itself changes.

My usual self would sigh, and say something meaningless like this,
"Since other people probably have this opposite characters within themselves, it's fun to be a human."

Even if it doesn't make sense and foolish, it's enough to make the other self stop crying and agree that it isn't alone in this damn wide world. Ah, and it would like a piece of chocolate.

時々、自分の中で他の自分がいるって分かる。二重人格とか、精神的な問題など無いけど感じるんだ。

楽しい時でも、何もしてない時でも、時々、胸が苦しくなり、涙がこみ上げてくる。そして、それがなるたびに、何故か分からないまま終わってしまう。

ある日、町を一人で歩いていた。見上げると、雨が灰色の空からしきりに落ちている。すると、頭の中で声が聞こえてきた。

「助けて」と。

小声で、まるで少し風が吹くと消えてしまう蝋燭の最後の炎の様に。

初めて聞こえた時から、分かっていた。心の中の自分だと。でも、何を助ければいいのかと、聞いても、相手は、数回同じ事を言った以上、何も言わない。

ちょっと、いつもの捻くれた私(表)は、こう言う。

「そんな勝手に、私をうつ病がかかった状態にしてもらっては、大変迷惑だ。一時的なホルモンの不安定性の所為か、知らないが、うるさい。」

ひどく聞こえるけど、相手が聞こうとしないのなら、どう言ったていいじゃないか。そして、こんな事は、現在書いている話の課題になるではないか。そう、表面的には、結構冷たく、無神経な性格を持っている様に見える。

実際に、今の私は、仕事とかで忙しく、友達もあまりいない。大切な親友は、指で数えられる程。そうそう簡単に人を信頼しない性格を持っている。昔からそうだった。自分で選んだ事の結果だから、文句は一切ない。それに、自分が、それで満足しているんだ。どんな事が、他人に言われようが、自分は、自分なりの人生を生きたいと。

でも、今朝もそうだった。

心の自分が泣いていた。

寂しいって。
悲しいって。
助けてって。

どんなに人と会っても、満足しきれない身勝手なもう一つの自分。でも、感動する時は、感動して、嬉しい時は、足指までに届くほど嬉しいんだ。何時までも、長い年月が経っても、何一つ変わらないもう一人の素直な自分。

そこで、いつもの私は、ため息をつきながら、無意味な事を言う、
「この正反対な性格が他の人にもいるから、面白いんだよな。人間って。」
意味不明で、馬鹿な発言だが、もう一人の自分がそれが聞こえたのか、泣き止んだ。
分かったんだ。このどでかい世界で、自分は一人ぼっちでは無い事を。そして、チョコレート頂戴って言った。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home