Wednesday, April 25, 2007

One daydream....

It rained this morning as I left a train station. Rain usually makes me feel a little bit down, especially on weekdays. Gray clouds and splattering murky water. Not a fun start of a day.

However, it's a different story when it's raining cats and dogs. It's fun. It's like you are in the middle of a car washing machine, and people think that you're crazy when you come back soaking wet like a rat living in a sewage hole. You don’t give a damn about it.

It was a several years ago when I had a roommate like that, who also loved to go out in a thunderstorm.

It was a night before a huge exam and the room was boiling hot. No matter how much we try to concentrate on our work, it lasted only a few minutes, nibbling away midnight snacks or surfing on the web. They were our typical procrastination methods. Then, we found out that a thunderstorm might be coming into town. We rushed outside, staring up pitch-black clouds, hearing loud crashing sound and seeing white flashes running in the distance. However, no matter how much we waited to quench our thirsty heads, only a drizzle came down from heavens.

I wonder how long we waited. However, by the time we came back inside our dorm, we were the only ones soaking wet to our bones. We got lots of staring from other dorm mates. What a great laughter we had over that.

However, that was something of a past. I am currently in the society where people think that even a drizzle must be avoided by umbrellas. But, sometimes, I like to feel cool water dripping from fresh spring leaves and spread my arms to the sky and just absorb. I know that rain is no longer pure. It’s acidic and has all kinds of pollutants from manmade fumes. It’s sad to say that it’s no longer healthy to expose oneself to rain.

However, when I opened my umbrella at the exit of a train station this morning, I saw light yellow green wild grasses and flowers extending their tips to the sky to gobble up raindrops. Can I just abandon everything and just lie on the ground among them, staring up the sky? One little daydream passed within my head as I left the station to my work place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home