Monday, February 26, 2007

<( ̄口 ̄||)>!!!Oh, NO!!! オーノー!!!<(|| ̄口 ̄)>

It gave me a shock of my life. Never expecting that my month long effort would go all the way down the bottom of stinking drain as the biggest crap in the history of mankind....


Yes. It all began with my brother's visit home. Since he agreed before, and he might be only one in the family who might not ridicule me for my new hobby of drawing manga, I showed him my first chapter.

I waited patiently, expecting a nice response
。('-'。)(。'-')。 excited

The plot: ok
My inner self:O(≧▽≦)O Ya-y♪


However, what I was told next felt like I was being slapped in the face with a half rotten cold fish.

"It's a bunch of gibberish."
( ̄□ ̄;)!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!

My life was over. Everything became dark and faded away from my vision....

Or so I felt like saying....


When I looked things over, it was indeed, a complete gibberish. Not a verbal diarrhea but a graphic diarrhea. If the author herself doesn't have clue about the story, then it would indeed be meaningless to readers. I had to but reluctantly agree.

However, even I felt down and grouched in the corner of the room with my imaginary tail curled up between my legs.
(ノ△・。)

Well, at least for thirty seconds.

My train of thought as a bio dork in the course of self recovery:

Crap. Crap. Crap. Huh?

Wait a minute!
Even a crap is important. A real poop is made up of essential organic and inorganic parts that make up life. Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Oxygen... etc.... What we excrete gets flushed down as little pieces, goes down the ocean through different paths, ocean life (e.g. fish) eats it, and we slap it down on a plate, hot and steaming, and consume it gleefully with a loud "yum!" call. Therefore, in the end, we eat poop, and it is being taken up as the part of our body. I read recently somewhere (prob. on TIMES magazine) that Australia gov. might use recycled sewage water in the future as the solution of its water shortage problem. However, we all drink recycled water anyway(although it might take a million years through global water cycle) so drinking crap water is not so new. All of us are made up of poops of some creatures of the long past, such as dinosaurs. No matter what our religious beliefs are, we are, organically, made up of poop. Therefore, even my manga being the biggest crap in the history of mankind doesn't mean there is no hope at the bottom of a box.


Yes. Blah blah. Blah.

Then, I decided that if that was the case, I must efficiently use my brother's brain with a wonderful flare for writing essays. I asked him for an advice.

What he suggested was a simple scene, in a typical manga, which I vehemently avoided earlier. It was suspicious at first, for his view point greatly suggested a hint of Studio Ghibli film scenes. I'm not lying to say that he's the ultimate maniac and otaku of those anime films. However,it was a scene so simple that every idiot, including I, would understand.

With that idea on a piece of paper written as the base, I managed to conjure up a chapter within just a matter of five minutes. I added one of the meaningless scene I drew earlier to that, and ta-dah!

I liked it.

It also took me just an hour to sketch up a rough draft, but it will probably take me a month to just to ink those pages since I can't work on them between my job. However, it felt like I went back to kindergarten age and filling those coloring books with black ink.


p.s.
Since I never really used Japanese when I was abroad, my older brother supposedly had the impression that I was the Stone Age ape when he heard my broken Japanese. Therefore, he commented that he was greatly impressed when he read my manga plot written both in Japanese in English. He said that my Japanese seemed "better" when written. Excuse me, but wouldn't you at least notice my Japanese level previously when reading these blogs? Humph. Well, I must admit that my hand written words are so bad that they look like poops of earthworms. However, it is a totally different story when writing with computer since I can just cheat by writing phonetically and just let the machine do the rest. Easy does it.


ショックでした。一ヶ月の努力が五分以内で下水として流されるとは。。。

そう。数日前に、兄が帰ってきたので、自分が書いた漫画の始めのCHAPTERを見せた。

。('-'。)(。'-')。ワクワク
期待に満ちた私は、いい返事を待った。

全体的のストーリーの内容は、OK。

内心:O(≧▽≦)O ワーイ♪


でも、「意味不明」と、ペシリと言われた。
( ̄□ ̄;)!!

NOOOOOO!!!!


目の前が、暗闇の世界に。。。。。あぁ、無念。私の人生は、もう駄目~。

って言いたい気分だった。


まぁ。よくよく見ると、断片的なシーンを描いていたので、私にとっても意味不明。著者の私でも分からないと、そりゃー誰にとっても無理でしょう。しぶしぶ認めたけど、この私でもしょげた。
(ノ△・。)

最低、30秒間はね。


でも、ここは、有効的に作文上手な兄の頭を使おうと思い、アドバイスを聞いた。

そしたら、一番私が避けていた、基本的な漫画のシーンを言ってきた。なんか、ジブリおたくの内容が多かったので、怪しかったが、ここは、誰でも分かるシンプルなシーン。

なっ、なんと、五分以内で出来た。そこで、前に描いたその意味不明なシーンを付け加えるとすごく気に入った。下絵は、一時間以内で描けたので今から黒インクでの色塗り。本当に漫画って幼稚園児の時の色塗り教育みたいである。でも、仕事の間では、できないのでこの色塗りだけでも一ヶ月は、かかるかな?

p.s.
外国から日本に帰ってきた時の日本語の会話がボロボロだったので、兄に相当、馬鹿と思われていたみたい。漫画の台詞とストーリー内容を日本語と英語で添えると、

「お前、お前の日本語書く方がうまいじゃん」っと言った。おいおい。ちゃんと、このブログを見ているなら早く気付けよ!そして、漢字がうまく書けないから日本語をあまり使っていないんじゃい!コンピューターだったら別の話だけど。なぜだと、簡単に漢字分かるし、ミミズの糞みたいなペン文字より分かるからだい!まったく、もう!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home